The oldest known bridge of its type in Scotland.
Built in 1824 by engineer John Justice of Dundee as a prototype for a larger version at the Haughs of Drimmie, this bridge has a span of 19 metres and a sheep gate at one end. It is the oldest known bridge of this type in Scotland and is thought to have been “thrown” across the Isla to allow the children from Auchenleish to walk from home to the primary school just up the hill from the bridge. Following damage by extreme weather in 2021, it has now been repaired.
This pretty iron suspension bridge crosses the Isla next to the Community area at Kirkton of Glenisla.
The washed away ford over the Isla behind the manse previously provided access across the Isla at to bring the coffins from Kilry to Glenisla Graveyard along the Coffin Road. Spates have long since obliterated any functional crossing here.