Triple layered bridge.
This small single-arch random-rubble bridge built over the Lornty Burn lies on the line of former Military Road, but re-built to incorporate a concrete culvert on its west side in the 1990s. Until 1777 when the Brig o’ Blair was constructed this was the only road crossing in these parts on the way north. It has been three times built – one structure over the other.
Sources: Meg Luckins
This bridge carries an unclassified public road or track across the Lornty Burn.
It is a modern bridge which measures 4.3m in width and incorporates the arches of two earlier bridges. One of these older bridges was probably military built during the construction of the Military Road from Perth to Inverness in 1749 with an estimated width of 3.2m. The even earlier bridge is estimated as being 2.3m wide. Built of well-dressed rectangular blocks, it is traditionally reported to be of Roman origin circa 80AD. There is, however, no evidence of Roman roads north of the River Tay.
Lornty is sometimes written as Lorinty.