An historic 12thc Churchyard.
The medieval church of Kingoldrum (no longer in ecclesiastical use) first comes on record in 1178 and in 1211-4 it was given to Arbroath Abbey by William The Lion.
It was dedicated to St Medan (about whom little is known) and a holy well, dedicated to the same saint is said to have been located nearby. It would appear that the early Christian history of this site is Celtic.
Three sculpted stones were found in the walls of the old church as it was demolished in 1840 (to make way for the current building)
Donated to the National Museums of Scotland in 1878, they consist of a Class II Pictish cross-slab, a slab with a cross carved in relief on one face and a part of a slab with a representation of the Crucifixion on one face and part of a Maltese cross on the other.
The present church building is set within an irregular graveyard.
To the south of the church is the Farquharson Mausoleum, built in circa 1850 and dedicate to John Farquharson and Elizabeth Ramsay and their family, who were descendants of Findla More, Royal Standard Bearer who was killed in the Battle of Pinkey in 1547.
A small ashlar mausoleum built in a classic style, it is pilastered and has a projecting centre bay and an urn finial.
A coffin-cover bearing an incised wheel-headed cross, which formerly lay in the churchyard, has been set up against the south wall of the church. There have also been cists and various other objects, including a Celtic Bell, found in the graveyard.