The northernmost of all the mills of Blairgowrie and Rattray.
The ruins of this mill, the northernmost of all mills in Blairgowrie and Rattray, stand about 500 yards below Craighall Bridge. It was built in 1834 by a Mr. George Saunders and was enlarged in 1860.
Craigmill was driven wholly by water power and the wheel in use in 1876 was built by Messrs. Thomson Brothers and Company, Dundee. In the 1870s it employed 100 workers and produced yarns which were suitable for the Forfar and Brechin trade.
Because of its comparative remoteness from the parish schools, the Misses Rattray of Craighall built a school at Craigmill for the children of the mill workers.
Craigmill ceased to function some time in the 1880s.
Nothing now remains of the mill.